FOUNDRY ECOCER: PRESENTS ROCKFLUX
Rockflux is a MELTING flux used for the deoxidation and treatment of melted metal during all the phases of the process. Unlike normal fluxes used for the metal treatment, which are used at the end of the scrap melting process, it is used during the scrap loading phases.
The production property of the briquette (patented process) that weight between 10 and 30 grams each, allows to have a high protection of the raw materials composition, so it is eco-friendly, being characterized by a very low emission of fumes during its use.
The physical form of the briquettes is very useful – a) allows a more suitable chemical composition for the process, b) it has a moisture-free composition which does not create fumes in its use, c) efficiency of the flows thanks to the extended contact with the metal, d) a simplify use at every stage of the process.
Results obtained in the production process
After an industrial use of Rockfux for our customers, the results obtained were extremely satisfactory and can be summarized in
- Increased melting performances due to less oxidation of the metal mainly due to a lower temperature of the melting process.
- Reduction of aluminum in the dross.
- Reduction of temperatures on the vault and on the walls of the furnace (up to 100-150° less than before) during the melting process of the scrap, with consequent reduction of oxides in the aluminum bath, less sediments on the walls and formation of Corundum.
- A higher efficiency in heat transmission translates into lower gas consumption and a higher melting speed.
- A lesser deposit of oxides on the walls of the furnaces has improved their maintenance and the one of all the tools such as transfer channels and metal circulation pumps, reducing the need for maintenance stops.
- The introduction of Rockflux briquettes is extremely simple since it can be done simultaneously with the introduction of scrap at a rate of 1-3 kg per ton of scrap, and can also be done automatically. All of this translates into a chemical and mechanical deoxidation treatment process without interfering with the composition of the aluminum alloys. The efficiency is determined by the continuous contact of the material with the flux throughout the scrap melting process.
After several tests we confirm that the Rock Flux method is the most innovative and efficient.
The chemical composition is adapted to the customer’s needs according to the type of scrap, the alloys to be produced and the processing system. Furthermore, the process allows to obtain a high efficiency to reduce melting losses and the presence of aluminum in the dross. The product is easy to use, both automatically and manually, and its use zeroes emissions inside and outside the foundry. Finally, we have a real eco-friendly product for both the employees who work with it and for the surrounding environment.